Group of Award Documents to Friedrich Ahrens, NCO Pioneers.
This document group includes -
1) Iron Cross 2nd Class Citation dated 24/12/41, which was signed by the CO. of the 21. Inf. Div., Lt. Gen. Otto Sponheimer (Knights Cross winner, 08/08/41)
2) General Assault Badge Citation dated 01/05/42, also signed by Sponheimer.
3) Confirmation regarding the award of the ribbon of the Winter War Medal dated 02/10/42.
4) Confirmation regarding the award of the Croatian Commemorative War Medal dated 14/03/44.
5) Wound Badge in Silver Citation, 14/03/45, awarded for three wounds: 15/02/42, 22/01/44, 02/02/44
Friedrich Ahrens served with Pi. Btl. 21 of the 21. Inf. Div. He was active in Poland 1939, the West 1940, and Russia (Wolchow, Ladoga).
From 1943 he served with Pi. Btl. 114 of the 114. Jager-Div. and was active in Croatia in 1943 and in Italy fighting the British at Nettuno, Monte Cassino and Ravenna.