Group of Awards and Citations to J. Geppert, Obergefreiter Bridge Construction Unit 101 Jager - Division
This group of awards includes the Winter War medal, War merit Cross with Swords 2nd Class, the Kuban Shield and Wound Badge in Black all with the corresponding Citations plus a studio uniformed portrait of the recipient, Corporal J. Geppert and five real family photographs.
1) The Winter War medal with Citation - 10.09.1942.
2) War Merit Cross with Swords 2nd Class - 01.09.1944. Citation signed by the Commanding Officer of Army Group Sudukraine, Generaloberst Johannes Friessner (Kn. Cr. - 23.07.1943; Oak L. - 09.04.1944).
3) Kuban Shield - 15.09.1944.
4) Wound Badge in Black - 25.04.1945.
5) Group of real photographs - uniformed studio portrait of the recipient Obergefreiter J. Geppert and five family photographs.
Josef Geppert served from 1942-1944 with BrukoB (mot.) 101, the motorised bridge construction unit of the 101 Jager-Division. During these years he was active in Russia, in Donez, Isjum, Caucasus, Kuban,Saparoshe and Winniza.
In September 1944, he served with Panzer Bruko 86, the bridge and ferry construction unit for the armoured vehicles of the 9th Panzer Division. The unit was active in moving heavy tanks including Panthers in the Rhine estuary. He was also to be fully involved at Arnhem during the British "Market Garden" operation. Later in December 1944, Geppert took part in the Ardennes Offensive with his unit.
Finally, in April 1945, he was active in Courland with Panzer Bru. Kol. (mot.) 4 of the 14th Panzer Division. It was while in Courland, that he was wounded.
This is an outstanding group of citations and awards in very good condition, to a Corporal, who was involved in many important campaigns, in both the east and west European theatres of World War II. The group is sold with a uniform studio photograph of the recipient, Obergefreiter Josef Geppert plus 5 other real family photographs.